9.27.2010

Meant to Be

I've been freaking out recently over my marathon. Going back-and-forth in my head whether I'm even going to attempt for the full in San Fransisco in 3 weeks. I've been stressing over the distance, and the weather, and blah, blah, blah...

I think the challenge of a full should be an exciting endeavor and the unknown exciting, but it hasn't been working out that way.
So this morning, in an attempt to buy some cool stuff and re-jazz my enthusiasm, I stopped in at our local running store to get some supplies for the upcoming Marathon.  Still having mini panic attacks and wondering whether or not I really needed all that GU I was buying, I noticed new stickers on the counter.


Many of them jumped out at me (obviously since I bought 4).  But the Hebrews verse literally made me giddy with happiness. The poor employee at the counter thought I was having a spasm or something.  When I explained that "perseverance" is my word, he just smiled and said "it's meant to be."

Yes counter employee man, it does indeed seem meant to be.  I believe it may even be a sign that I am going to not only attempt the full marathon in 3 weeks, but I may just persevere and rock it.


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
   ~Hebrews 12:1 NIV


PS- I think I've discovered the text portion of my tattoo that I'm rewarding myself with after I cross the finish line :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! this is a great verse...My favorite verse also pertains, and I wanted to share it with you.

    But those who hope in the Lord shall renew their strength, They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
    They shall RUN and not be weary,
    They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

    I look forward to hearing form all you girls how the marathon goes!!! You can do it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse as well! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete