3.13.2013

In Praise of an Ordinary Day

Today was a day that I will remember forever.
It was normal, average and wonderfully perfect.

I went to the gym, processed a few images, answered emails, worked, etc.  Nothing out of the ordinary there.  But in the middle of it all, The Guy came inside from working on his car for a coffee/chat break.  One thing led to another, and next thing I knew we were having a sing-a-long to Moulin Rouge.  Right there in the kitchen.

The Guy? Yeah he knows all the words, can sing (hubba hubba!) and perfectly harmonized with Ewan.  Singing opposite him along with Nicole Kidman was just too much fun.

Isn't is funny how you can experience something you never thought to be possible, and suddenly realize all your dreams are coming true?

I heart this man to pieces.

Photobucket

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face into the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.
Mary Jean Iron

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful. And, men who can sing are tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Jenni! Love a man who can carry a tune! So sexy ;)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful quote to perfectly compliment your perfect day. Love hearing the happiness radiate from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so special, Macey. I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you found a guy who treats you like the cherished person you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet words Susannah. I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  4. Cuteness. I have happy memories of laying in bed with Jason pretty early into our marriage and staying up too late singing our favorite 90's "alternative" rock songs a capella, as best we could remember the words... lots of Matchbox 20! ;)

    I'd like to be more grateful for everyday things and appreciate the ordinary more. On my to-do list, ironically, is make a gratitude poster of the basic things I'm grateful for! And see it every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some Matchbox 20! I love the idea of your gratitude poster! I think that will turn out super cute!

      Delete
  5. O my. That does sound lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. Can't wait to hear all about your exciting news too!!

      Delete
  6. i love moments like that. and my special man friend knows all the words, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your man knows all the words too! It's so important to know the best musicals ;)

      Delete