3.19.2013

Portland Bloggers 'Strike A Pose' Recap

A little over a week ago (I know, I know, I'm sooooo behind on my posting!) we had the Portland Bloggers 'Strike a Pose' meetup event.  And let me tell you, it was AWESOME!

We met up at Jillian Rabe's The Space in the Pearl District in order to host a giant collaboration between photographers, stylists, jewelers, a makeup stylist and all kinds of Portland based bloggers.  Each blogger had the opportunity to be photographed by an area photographer with stylist on hand to learn little tips and tricks for best practices. 

Looking around at everyone's blogs in the wake of this amazing day it looks as though everyone had a great time and came away with some beautiful head shots!  Jenni, Bee, Suzannah and myself put a LOT of work into this event, so it makes my heart happy that it all came together so wonderfully.

I was blessed with the opportunity to be photographed myself!  I've admired Margaret Jacobsen's images since I first met her last summer and jumped at the opportunity to be in front of her lens.  I was hesitant at first... I mean, I'm MUCH more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it, but she quickly put me at ease, and I'm so happy with the images she created.

The dress was on loan from Bettie Page.  The store manager contacted us and offered to dress a few girls for the event.  Loooooong story short, I ended up being one of the girls gussied up!  I love this dress!  It's soooooo not me, but I think that's my favorite part!  Something different, for a fun day, why not?!

The necklace I'm wearing was designed by Shannon with GlassCast and I loooooooooove it!  It went so perfectly with my outfit!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket





A big thank you to all of our wonderful sponsors. Each of these companies/individuals/blogs contributed in making the Portland Bloggers' Strike a Pose event successful and affordable. 
THANK YOU!


 photo jrlogo_zps8c743238.jpg  Alex Lianopoulos Photography  Murray Photography  Allegra Villella  Linnea Paulina Photography Margaret Jacobsen Photography  Motormouth Studios  Pfaus Photography  photo blackandwhite_circle_200_zps65952f2d.jpg  photo jaderoselogo_zps92d50a39.jpg  photo papermorning_zps1acc57b0.png  photo thelittlethings2_zpsaa18d792.jpg  photo ChloeandIsabel_zps8d4d1a16.jpg  photo GlassCast_zpsf053ed86.jpeg  photo marinalogo_zpsf486aff9.jpg  photo Elephants_Logo_zps36c01d10.jpg  photo url_zps148c197e.jpeg  photo adventuresindressmakinglogo_zps2633a815.jpg  photo thespicybeelogo_zpsa56f663a.jpg  photo Kaylasbuttonforonline-1_zps4961aadf.jpg  photo Awellcraftedpartybutton_zps8584b6f5.jpeg  photo thebohomama_zpsc5bde9f7.jpg

6 comments:

  1. You looked gorgeous, Macey!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures of you are phenomenal. But my absolute fave of you?
    That last one.
    Macey, you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your pictures! They are so great! How much fun to be the person be photographed for once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your smile in that last photo is just so you. You look fabulous lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just pop in that gray day we had for shoots! I still can't believe Jenni had those perfect flats too! Lovely lovely lady :)

    ReplyDelete