11.15.2012

30 Day Posting Challenge | Day 18 - A Problem I Have Had

There are many things I could write about today.  My car has been having issues, I have too many dishes needing washed, my laundry is piling up and my diet could improve.  But I don't like to think of these things as "problems" per se, but more as opportunities for growth. 

For the sake of this entry though, I'll go ahead and expand on a particular problem I've been having... if that's what you want to call it.  Really it's both a blessing and a curse.

You see, I see beauty everywhere.
I mean it.
EVERYWHERE.

I take a walk down the street and see 15 thousand things I could photograph.
Picking The Kid up from school?  160 million smiling, beautiful faces.
Drinking coffee with a friend?  I can't count that high.

This is wonderful, of course, I'm surrounded by beauty and it makes me happy.  But it also drives me CRAZY.  Why?  Because sometimes I don't have my camera with me.  And other times I'm driving, so it's not safe to take a picture, and most of the time I'm with someone who's not patient enough to let me take a picture (aka The Kid).

So while I'm mostly being silly, I'm also quite serious.  Seeing how awesome and beautiful light, shadow, people, things, etc are is wonderful, but it can also be extremely distracting.

Here's a few of the beautiful things that have been catching my eye lately...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


What is a problem YOU have been having?
Want to join the 30 Day Challenge?  See the list here!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this... fantastic photos and yes, I do the same thing! I almost always have my camera with me (big huge heavy as it is...) so I can take photos as I see them... :)

    hope all is well in your world XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lugging around my camera becomes so cumbersome! I'm so thankful for my iPhone. I photograph with it waaaaay more than my DSLR these days. Never thought I'd say that!

      Delete
  2. That's not a problem, silly! ;) My problem right now is running a little low on creative energy, just want to sit around and be blah, and have projects I feel I have to do rather than want to. Need more me time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! It sure seems like a problem to me ;)
      Being zapped of your creative energy is not a fun feeling. I hope that passes for you quickly!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the pic of the track! I am going to have to steal it and put it up for a day that we go! I am jealous of your problem and wish all the time that I had that "eye!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steal away! I love catching the sunset there before our weekly runs :)

      Delete