11.09.2012

30 Day Posting Challenge | Day 17 - Something I'm Proud Of


I hemmed and hawed for a good long time about moving to Portland.  I knew that I wanted out of small town Idaho and to experience something new and exciting.  I knew that I wanted to pursue art and creativity and individualism in a city where all that is celebrated.  I knew I wanted to get lost on purpose, as often as possible, and discover new joys while finding my way back to familiar territory.  I knew all that, yet I was denying myself the opportunity.

On May 1st, 2012 I packed up my car and drove away.  I didn't have a job lined up, and my grandma's floor was going to be my home until I could arrange something more permanent, but I didn't care.  I was finally moving on with my life and embracing a life of design rather than default.

I have grown in many ways over the past 6 months, and most in ways I didn't expect, but all in ways I choose to embrace.  These past 6 months I have felt more at peace, more humbled and more centered than I have experienced in the prior 30 years of my life.  Portland isn't the reason for this growth, it just happens to be a catalyst for change.  
I'm the reason.  

I chose to let go of the control I thought I had over my life.  I chose to move to a new place and open myself to whatever opportunity and experience comes my way. 
I chose to live.  

And of this, I am quite proud. 

What is something YOU are proud of?
Want to join the 30 Day Challenge?  See the list here!