11.08.2012

30 Day Posting Challenge | Day 16 - Something I Always Think 'What If' About

I'm not one to live in the land of 'what if.'  In my core I believe that everything happens exactly as and when it should in order to shape us into the people we are.  I mean, we've all seen those movies where someone goes back and changes the "bad thing" that happened to them which causes this giant chain reaction where someone they love dies, or they end up homeless, or...  Right?

But this quote has been going through my head a lot lately...

Photobucket

And I can't help but wonder what kind of shape I would be in today had I stuck with a strict, healthy lifestyle over the years.

BUT, there's no time like the present right?  I've started running more, doing small daily stretches and strengthening exercises, and journaling what and when I eat in order to focus on nutrition.  I have surrounded myself with many friends who are healthy and all of them are supportive and helpful.  I feel like this is the tipping point for me.  Yay!

______________________________________________________________

In other news, today is my niece's 4th birthday!  I'm super bummed that I can't be there for her celebration this year, but I'll be seeing her over Christmas, and I'm sure we'll FaceTime soon.  I also have a super special surprise being delivered to her tonight, so that's exciting!

Happy Birthday baby girl!  I love you so, so much!!!

Photobucket

What do YOU think "what if" about?
Want to join the 30 Day Challenge?  See the list here!

9 comments:

  1. no time like the present, INDEED. such a good message - sometimes I ... um, 'wait' to start a project or work on a goal, then think GEEZ I would be DONE by now had I began back then...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that all the time! I put projects off, stress about it, procrastinate, stress more, make excuses why I can't do it, and then realize I wasted SO MUCH TIME. uhg.

      Delete
  2. There is no time like the present. :)

    I'm a terrible "what-if"er-- mine is usually when my hubby is out of town or someone takes X in their car. My brian goes crazy with "what if"s

    Happy birthday to your niece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine having a kid makes the land of "what if" very real. I hope me taking X in my car the other day didn't stress you too much! I totally get it though!

      Delete
  3. Just keep swimming... that's my motto these days. It's a daily battle especially with my feet issues to not get discouraged. You can do this and you are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn!! You are worth it too!!! Hang in there with the feet. It'll get better!

      Delete
  4. The Pursuit of Happyness just popped into my mind while reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! I totally agree that there's no time like the present. I definitely put things off until "tomorrow" but I'm slowly but surely learning to live in the "now."

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quote. So true! It's sometimes hard to start a goal from the beginning, but if you don't start with baby steps, you'll never get anywhere--my husband has this problem with blogging. Just gotta start with ONE post!

    I sometimes think "what if" about where I chose to go to school, college, whatever. It's hard to say who I'd have met or not met, where I'd live... overwhelming to think about, so I don't. =)

    ReplyDelete