10.19.2012

30 Day Posting Challenge | Day 3 - A Book I Love



Really, just ONE?!

Hello, my name is Macey and I am a book-a-holic.

My mom was determined to teach her children to read as soon as possible and had me reading at the age of 4. (Realizing she could have had me reading even earlier, she taught my little brother at the age of 3).  I fell in love with reading.  Whenever a birthday or Christmas rolled around, all I wanted was books.  It didn't even matter to me what book it was, I just wanted to read.

One of my happiest memories is Christmas when I was 12.  My mom kept asking me what I wanted/needed and I just kept telling her "books."  She kept asking me which books, and I would just say, "any book."  So on Christmas morning there was a large box under the tree for me, and you know what was in it?  BOOKS!  TONS of them!  My mom found a few booksales through the library and went to town!

Over the years I've put together quite the collection, but sadly, most of them are now gone.  I went through a period of simplifying my life before moving to Portland and having 12 boxes of books to lug around just seemed like too much.  So I sold them.

There were a handful that I just couldn't part with yet though...

Photobucket


If you've known me for any amount of time, you most likely know the following three things:
  1. I love Peter Pan and all the variations of his story.
  2. Shakespeare is my sunshine on a cloudy day.
  3. Anything that embodies positivity and fun is something I want to be a part of.
So I keep these books around.  I read them often.  I look at the beautiful illustrations and I allow myself to dream and experience through their words.

What is a book that YOU love?
Want to join the 30 Day Challenge?  See the list here!

6 comments:

  1. oh, I love this post and I could have written it! I am a huge reader, and no, I do not want an e-reader, thankyouverymuch!

    I love a book. I love to open it and smell the pages (yes, I really do this), to turn the page and read... read... read...

    fortunately I found in Jason the same bookworm. we recently bought a new house and in the move we had... oh, well, too many book boxes to count! they are sitting in the room that will soon be our "library" - something I have always wanted!

    can you tell this post resonates with me? I wrote a novel as a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to smell the book pages too! I worked as a Childrens Librarian for three years right out of college, and it was so wonderful to be surrounded by great literature all day long. It was an amazing job!

      I'm jealous of your own library in your home! Maybe someday, when I'm settled into a place, I'll start my collection again. As it is now though, I tend to move at least once a year, so it just seems too much.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful post and really gorgeous photos on top of it all! Lovely. I just realized that I actually have not read peter pan. I've read a lot.... I love to read. But, I haven't read that one! Put it on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenni! I'm loving this challenge. It's really making me slow down and focus on things I might otherwise not. :)
      Definitely put it on your list. It's so so great! It'll be a fun one to read to X too!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely adore the Harry Potter series. That much magic and creativity is like a wonderful champagne buzz. And part of me wants to be so jealous of Rowling...and part of me desperately wants Potions homework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J'adore Harry Potter! I actually contemplated adding him to the picture, but couldn't decided which book to use. Lol! The 3rd is my favorite (love me some Sirius Black!) but I LOVE them all! I want potions homework too, and I want to give Dumbledore a giant hug and ask him all about his experiences.

      Delete