10.16.2012

Hair, Hair, Everywhere!

Inspired by Jenni's post on her hair over on her blog Leave the Laundry For Later, I decided to look back through my own hair changes over the years.  Sadly I could only go back as far as I've been blogging because pre- Myspace, Facebook and this blog, I didn't take photos (or if I did I didn't keep them anywhere readily available).

I've always hopped back-and-forth between short and medium length hair and loved both for different reasons.  I loved how easy and sassy my short hair was, and then I look at my longer hair (especially when I had bangs) and love that look too!  I've been growing my hair out over the last 6 months and feel like it's finally past the awkward stage and can actually enjoy my hair again.  (I'm really wanting it to be long enough to pull back into a ponytail again for when I workout.)

I really like change though and have been itching to do something to my hair to change my look, even if it's just slightly.  Since cutting it is out of the question (because growing your hair out is such a royal pain) I decided to dye it!  I usually go darker in the fall/winter months anyway, so the timing was right!  I purchased a box of black dye from Target this weekend and went to town!


So here's what my hair looked like the night before I dyed it...



And here's what my hair looks like now! 

Not the best pic, but it gives you an idea at least :)

I like it!  It's just enough of a change that I'm not itching to cut it anymore, and I can just continue to let it grow.

What is your favorite hairstyle on yourself?
Do you ever just get the itch for change and do something drastic "just because"?


7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a collage! Your hair is so pretty in the center pic where it's curled, but it also looks great in that medium-short length you had in a lot of the pics, like on the bottom row. I'm not brave enough to do much with my hair so it's been really similar for YEARS!! =( Wish I could be more adventurous but my mom was always jealous of my hair and telling me what a gift it is and what a crime it would be to change it, so I kinda feel stuck with it. Had it short once in college and Jason loved it but I didn't feel like myself! And it takes so long to grow back!

    So, go you for trying new looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom used to tell me that too! Lol! It really does take forever to grow out and is such a pain!

      Delete
  2. CUTE! I love the collage. So fun. Hahaha... we are a lot alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last 3 pictures in the second column--blunt bangs either normal or as sweep away and you really can pull off short and medium well...I thought your hair was really cute brown! But I completely understand the need for change. I stopped dying my hair about two years ago for health reasons but I and rarely if ever happy with my hair anymore. When it's this short it looks perfect for like...a week. Then it's too long or does this funny thing on one side or I'll have it cut and ARGH I look like a boy again! And yet it's soooo easy to maintain compare to longer hair. I'm on the cusp of attempting to grow it back out a bit (brava to you btw for your efforts!) but I think my biggest issues is I just haven't found a good and affordable stylist since moving here.
    Shaving my head would solve both problems....hmm..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love short hair, but know just what you mean about it only being perfect for a week, and sometimes only a few days! Then, yes, there's the awkward feeling like a boy or feeling like a shaggy dog. But your hair is SO CUTE short, so continue rocking it girl!

      Delete
  4. I have always admired your ability and willingness to embrace change! You pull it off so well! I'm on the cusp of a little change myself - got a haircut & color appointment this Saturday. Guess I better figure out what I want! :) Oh, and I'd like to let you know that I LOVE the pic of you, with your dad, standing in front of the gold balloons. Seriously gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you do with your hair this weekend!!! I love change, sometimes I think too much! Lol!

      I love that pic too, thank you. I look so much like my mom, but I love that I can see my dad in me too in that pic.

      Delete