12.13.2008

The Simple Pleasures...

So, with school winding down, I've had a little more time to spend with Tre'Von and Tai'Lan over the past couple of days, which has been great!

(By the way, there has been a little confusion out there, I'm hearing, about my relation to the boys, and I just wanted to clear up that they are my roommate's boys. As much as I would love to claim them as my own, they aren't, and they're not my brother's babies either)

I'm so amazed at how much you can learn from children. The innocence in the way they approach life is amazing, and it makes me realize that I take far too much for granted. Tre'Von is 2 years and 3 months old, and he is growing so quickly! He talks so much now, and it's so much fun to carry on a conversation with him. The other night he picked up a DVD case and asked me what it was, and I told him it was "Pirates of the Carribean" (a personal fave!) and he pointed to Jack Sparrow, and asked who it was, and I told him it was Johnny Depp. He walked around the house for hours repeating the name Johnny Depp, it was so cute! At one point I said, "oh yes, we love Johnny Depp," to which he repeated. "I lul oo (love you) Johnny Depp". Haha! It was awesome! His latest phase is that everything is "eww" or "yucky". If you tell him its not yucky, he's okay with it, but first he has to say it, and make a face:

Haha... its so funny! He is the most animated kid I know!

Tai'Lan is 11 months old and he is growing up so quickly! He is very vocal now with all his gibberish and proclaiming "mama" whenever he wants someone's attention. He is such a happy baby with enough energy to fuel a household! He just makes my day when he gives me that big grin and tries to climb in my lap:

2 comments:

  1. Heartbreakers already! My goodness! What's that on the baby's arm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was burned in bath tub :( His older brother turned on the water and it was too hot and hit his arm. He's okay now though. I was at school so I don't know exactly what happened, but he doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

    ReplyDelete