10.02.2010

Tooting my own Horn

Let me start by saying that running 20 miles is NOT easy.  In the words of my coach, "if it were easy, everyone would do it."  With that said, it was my goal to enjoy the hell out of my 20 mile run this morning.  I pumped myself up for it all week.

I bought inspiration stickers.

I spent time with motivating and inspirational people.

And I chanted positive affirmations throughout the days.

So this morning, I woke up early (4 am) and said my prayers over my whole wheat toast with pb and banana.  I prayed for safety, a good attitude, and a kick ass time.  Yup I really said "kick ass" when talking to God.  He likes it when I'm real with Him.


And a kick ass time I had.

I had a beautiful run through the North End.  Fall was in full bloom.  
Bloom?  
Can fall bloom?  Maybe fall was in full beautiful dead sounds better?  
I'm not sure.  Anyhow.  Whatever you call it, fall was showing off its colors wonderfully.



Around mile 13ish I saw the most perfect pile of leaves that I just had to run through.  I gave a few people a good laugh, along with myself.  Kick ass time continues.


Yup.  
20.

Freaking awesome... er... Kick Ass


Only 2 weeks until the marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment