2.25.2011

The capacity to Love

I spent last evening with my niece, and I cannot express enough how blessed I am to have her in my life. She continually reminds me of how simple and free life can be.

We met up with a friend of mine who's niece is just 1 month younger than Joie. We let them play at the library while we caught up, and took them to dinner. They were fast friends, and enjoyed running around, experiencing joy together.






On the way home she asked if she could hold my hand, so I was driving with one hand and stretched, reaching into the back seat so she could hold my other hand. She was looking out the window singing while absent-mindedly rubbing her thumb over my knuckles. My heart was on fire.

I'm so glad that my niece has an open and accepting heart and such a large capacity to love. I hope this quality stays with her forever, and she will continue to teach me for our lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment