1.17.2014

My Word For 2014 | NOW

The past year brought me many great things.  I experienced love and heartbreak, growth and loss, and discovered much more about myself and the strength I didn't know I possessed.
2013 was a great year, but I'm ready to put it behind me.

Moving into 2014 I knew I wanted to choose a word to title this year.  I wanted a word that I could focus on when the going (inevitably) gets tough, and a word that I could use to celebrate and embrace the positive.  Many words came to mind, but one circled round time and again, and I knew it was my word.

NOW: adverb | at the present time or moment.

Now doesn't mean forever and it doesn't indicate the past.  Now is the present.

How do I feel now?
What is best now?
When do I need to act?  Now.


 photo _MG_8119_zps91d98712.jpg

The other day I caught the most beautiful sunset at the coast and had to pull my car over to really take it in.  I was amazed by the light, and how it seemed to make all time stop.  The perfect light at sunset lasts less than a minute as the sun kisses the horizon for a mere moment and then dips beneath it altogether. As I was struck by the beauty of the moment, I couldn't help but think how perfect that particular now was.  I can't help but think that each now is perfect in its own way.  It may not be as obvious as that now was, but it's perfect none-the-less, and I look forward to the many perfect "nows" 2014 has to offer.

Do you pick a word to focus on during the New Year?
What were would you pick if you did?



No comments:

Post a Comment