4.24.2009

Inspiration and Motivation

Ok all, it's going to be a quick post because I'm at work and we're about to close, but I just can't contain my excitement! My excitement is actually quite ironic considering I was in the depths of despair (thanks Anne of Green Gables!) just yesterday. I got on the scale in the morning (also ironic since I've been far too lazy with my work outs and healthy eating for about 4 months) and was shocked to see that I had gained back 6 of my previously lost 20 lbs. I was mortified!! How could I let that hard work go to such waste?! So while I was dissapointed I was also refreshed. Weird, I know. But I found the weight gain highly motivating. I had heard of those people who had their "wake up call" when they saw a picture of themselves, or glimpsed themselves in the mirror before getting in the shower, etc... and I had had mine! I was outraged with myself, disgusted and over it! I was getting "back on the wagon" and taking care of this once and for all! I am highly motivated to take care of this and make the changes necessary.

My Plan:
~workout at gym 6 times a week
~eat breakfast every morning (and coffee does NOT count)
~pack a healthy lunch everyday for work (a money saver too!)
~read inspirational blog posts everyday from former fat girls who've done it!
~pray - God is on my side and wants me healthy too, so why not communicate with Him about it
~enjoy this change, and embrace it

Ok, I just got the 5 minute warning. More postings to come! And any support you can offer me either on here on in person is GREATLY appreciated. This is going to be a tough journey, and I'll take any help I can get :)

2 comments:

  1. 6lbs isn't too bad over 4 months and I am sure with that new routine, you will kick it off again pretty soon.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macey, I'll be thinking about you! This is not an easy thing! Hang in there, and I admire you so much for all that hard work!!

    ReplyDelete