4.27.2012

30 Day Photo Challenge Take 2 | Day 17



Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

I grew up a reader, visiting the library at school regularly, asking for (and receiving) large boxes filled with books for birthdays and Christmases, spending my summer days lounging in the shade of our gigantic yard devouring story after story and living vicariously through character's lives and my own imagination.  Later I completed my Bachelors Degree in English Literature and even spent three years as a Children's Librarian.

Over the past few years reading has slowed for me though.  I find myself catching blog updates on the web here and there and every so often stumbling across a really great novel, but nothing close to the "old" me.  (Throughout high school and college it was quite common for me to have 3 or 4 books going at a time - one in my purse, one in my car, one in my room, and one in the, uh, well... bathroom).

Recently I've been forcing myself to leave the computer at home and take a book with me to the coffeeshop.  It's scary how many hours I can waste just playing around on the internet - mostly facebook!  I've been reading all sorts of great stories, self-help books and business planning guides.  I'm loving my re-kindled love affair with literature and always looking for suggestions, so if you have any must-read on your list, please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment