8.30.2012

Peace and Happiness

I am sitting in a coffee shop in Portland, OR.  There is a beautiful symphony of voices rising and falling around me - chatting friends, frenzied businessmen, a child laughing, child crying and the charming barista chatting with customers in line - and I am happy.
I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.
There is not a breathe of doubt in me about that.

Each day brings new emotions, sometimes with notice, but mostly without, and at times I am sad.  This is normal.  I am female after all.  However, in my core, I am happy.  And I am at peace.  There is no longer the "unrest" that I've felt the past few years, feeling that I'm just going through the motions of day-to-day and escaping some reality that has been laid out for me.  Only recently have I been able to acknowledge that even then I was exactly where I supposed to be.  I was learning what it felt like to be unsettled, to question everything and not trust my instinct.  It's only because of that time of learning that I can know the peace that I'm experiencing now.

Here's a few pictures from this past week.  All things that add to my peace and happiness.


1 comment:

  1. *Sigh* Love this. And you. And I'm le happy for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete