7.30.2013

Thanks, Golf and A Glowing Bra

First of all, I must say a big, huge, gigantic THANK YOU to everyone who commented on yesterday's post.  My day was peppered with your kind and support-filled comments and each one made my day.

I've discovered that this healing process is not linear.  Some days are good, some are more difficult. Sometimes, there's an hour or two where I feel normal again, and then BAM something or someone reminds me of him, and I'm back to sad, or forcing myself to concentrate on simple breathing.  (I've never had anxiety attacks previous to this experience, and for anyone who deals with them regularly I am truly sorry.  They suck!)

So thank you, kind readers, for your support.  Whether we've met in "real life" or not, I consider you my friend, and I'm blessed with the best ones!

Alright, so let's talk about how the rest of yesterday went... it was awesome!  I picked up The Kid (the boy I nanny for all my new readers) from his dad's at noon and as soon as he got in the car he suggested we go play some mini golf.  Not one to turn down a grand idea like that, I quickly got on my handy-dandy yelp app and found Glowing Greens was just a few blocks from us.


 photo f147c910f89211e2953222000a1f912e_7_zpse6db4916.jpg


Glowing Greens is an indoor mini golf course that glows beneath the black lights.  It's pirate themed, and pretty darn cool! The only downside was that I had chosen to wear a white bra underneath a sheer t-shirt.  Luckily I had a sweatshirt in my car and could cover up, because, HELLO embarrassing!

The course itself is really awesome!  It's not a difficult course with many obstacles, so little ones could have fun trying too, but they offer an extra challenge for each hole for those who are willing to take it, which, of course, we did.  On the back of your score card they've listed your challenge, which range from standing on leg for an entire hole to using anything other than your hands, feet or club.  On one hole you have to do an interpretive dance before each stroke, and I was dying over The Kid's rendition of "sizzling like bacon!"

I kicked The Kid's butt on the front 9, but he came back to win the full course by 1... ONE measly point.  And let me tell you, he's not letting me forget it.  Although, I'm pretty darn competitive myself, so if the numbers were flipped, I wouldn't let him live it down either.

 photo c9102bccf89711e2ac8a22000a9e2947_7_zpsbf0435c1.jpg
The Kid with Skeleton Pete out front.


The rest of the day was spent climbing trees, watching funny videos on YouTube and playing basketball.  All-in-all a good day.



3 comments:

  1. Haha! Glowing bras! ;) Im glad you had a sweatshirt too! ;) Love ya Macey! I am so excited to see how awesome the next chapter of your life is going to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - eek - but so glad you had a sweatshirt in the car!! I love the glowing course idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Man blacklight can be evil! Glad you had a sweatshirt! Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete