9.15.2009

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend I traveled home to Buhl, ID to visit my parents and a few friends that I haven't seen in far too long. It's been about 4 months since the last time I was home, and it was long overdue. I forget sometimes just how much I love the country until I have the chance to travel there. Life seems to slow down in the country, and the sights are like no where else. On one of my drives there was little calf that had lost his way and ended up in the middle of the road. He was mooing quite loudly for his mama, and I tried to coax him back up the hill toward his pasture, but he would have none of it. Silly little one.


I had the pleasure of photographing a few families while I was visiting, and I enjoyed the shoots so much! The first set was of a family that I have known since elementary school, but haven't seen in many years. We had a good time catching up, and sharing stories while the kids played, and I snapped some photos.


I traveled to a friend's house with a beautiful peach orchard to take pictures of her niece for her 3 year portraits. We had such a great time. The lighting was perfect, and I think Lily knew she was supposed to model because she was hamming it up just right. She would busy herself playing and then look up at me at just the right moment and say something cute that would make us all laugh. She was great!This fellow was wanting some attention while I was shooting Lily and was getting quite impatient with me until I took his picture, then he seemed happy. I have to say, he was a beautiful subject as well.
The reason I traveled to Twin Falls was to shoot my good friend Robyn's wedding. She and Brandon were married on the 12th and it was a beautiful wedding! The weather was great and everyone had a good time. It was such an honor to spend their special day with them, and I had such a great time capturing their love. These two are wonderful people, and they have a great future ahead of them.
And you know what? 3 days till my birthday! eeep!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment