8.27.2010

Marty Flichel.... sigh....

So, I have a local celebrity crush and his name is Marty Flichel. He the captain of the Steelheads hockey team, and he is dreamy.

I had the blessed opportunity of meeting Marty 4 years ago at the Boys & Girls Club annual golf tournament. It's my favorite fund raiser, because my job is take the team photos. It's a day of flirting with good looking men who are usually quiet tipsy by the end of it all.

That first tournament was just a few days before my birthday and my best friend Richard surprised me by having Marty autograph a picture that I had taken of him. He had it framed and gave it to me as a birthday present. Marty wrote, "happy birthday Macey, love Marty." Swoon.

Fast forward 4 years, and the golf tournament is today, and I am not there. sad.

But, my best friend came through again! This was our text conversation at lunch...

ME: How is the golf tourny going?
RICHARD: You tell me...


Dearest Marty,
It may be a few weeks early, but your birthday wish means the world to me. I wish I could have seen you and talked with you in person today, but this really was better. The surprise, and the specialness will stay with me for years to come. Thank you sincerely for making my day.
Love,
me.

1 comment: