10.19.2011

Concert Goodness

So the David Cook/Gavin DeGraw concert was simply... amazing.

The Knitting Factory is a small venue in Boise, and I love seeing shows there.  It's so small and intimate, and you can really see the stage well from virtually anywhere.  The other thing I love about it, is they have a full bar.

Good music, good friends, and good booze.
Does it get much better than that? ;)


Richard and I purposefully went late.  We hadn't heard of the opening band, and knew David would be last to take the stage, so we didn't bother waiting in the annoying lines.  When we got there Carolina Liars were just finishing their set.  I thought I had never heard of them, but immediately recognized them from my favorite Pandora station (Civil Twilight)!  I was glad to catch at least a few of their songs before they were through.  After the show they were hanging out near the door selling their cd's and I chatted with the lead singer about what a wonderful job they did.  Pretty cool :)


Next up was Gavin DeGraw.  I don't know much of his new stuff, so I wasn't too excited about seeing him, but he was GREAT!  He played a ton of his old stuff, and I had forgotten how much I loved his first album.  He put on a great show, and was very personable with the crowd.


Next up was my beloved David.  Richard and I immediately fell in love with him when he first appeared on American Idol in 2009.  He has an amazing talent and is so real.  He was a total nerd on stage, and I love it!  Man can he rock!

You're not supposed to take pictures during the concert, but I snuck my good camera in (hey, they didn't check my purse!) and could not resist snapping a few of David and praying they'd turn out.  I was so happy that they did!  You can see in the following pics that we were just a few rows back by the end of his set.

Sigh... such a beautiful man...




And my favorite pic of all.  It's not in the best focus, but he's looking RIGHT AT ME!  :D


Richard ended up catching David's drumstick and gave it to me!
Sigh, what a fantastic night!

No comments:

Post a Comment