5.06.2012

Emma's 5th Birthday & Catching Up with Family

Living in the Portland area gives me the opportunity to reconnect with family that I haven't seen in years.  Growing up in Southern Washington I was surrounded by cousins, aunts and uncles and not a holiday passed where I wasn't surrounded by family. When we moved to Idaho, the 5 of us (my mom, dad and 2 brothers) were it.  Christmases suddenly seemed very small and Thanksgivings were eerily quiet.  Over the years we've visited family here and there, but somehow always missed out on seeing my cousins on my mom's side.  Suddenly people who I was very close with all during childhood had been absent for over 14 years.

This past Friday night I was able to see quite a few of them!  My cousin Leah (the most adorable person you'll ever meet) has a little girl named Emma (who is quite adorable herself) and she just turned 5.  I met up with the fam at Red Robin to help celebrate the birthday girl.



Here's Leah and her big girl, Emma.


The birthday girl with her mom and dad.



Emma and her Godmother, Auntie Pearl.


Emma and her Auntie Stephanie (another of my long-lost cousins.  I can't believe how grown up she is!!)


Singing "happy birthday"


Leah's Dad (my Uncle Toby), my Grandma and Emma.


No comments:

Post a Comment