2.12.2013

11 Questions | A Little About Me

So confession... I have a new blog obsession.  Have you visited The Paper Mama yet?
You should.

Anyway, she posted an entry today with 11 questions for her readers, and I decided to play along!  I'll answer the 11 questions she listed and then list 11 of my own for you to answer if you'd like to play along...which I hope you will do!

So we'll start with a recent picture of me... being silly before a Girls Night Valentine's Party this past Saturday.  I'm in love with my new lip stain and nail polish and thought it warranted a silly picture.

Photobucket

And now on to the questions!

1. If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?

Hmm, that's a good question!  I've never been very fond of my name.  Growing up it always stood out as different and NOBODY spelled (or pronounced) it correctly.  I always thought it would be fun to be a Samantha, then I'd have people call me Sam.  I always liked the name Katie too...
 
2. Are you a collector of anything?

I used to collect seashells, baseball cards, books and bookmarks when I was a kid.  I was OBSESSED with my collections and it was very cathartic to unload them a few years ago after I found them in storage.  I do not collect anything currently and like it that way. 

3. What is your first thought when you wake up?

I don't know that I have any thoughts before I get coffee in me... 

4. Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?

Depends on the moment really.  My favorite treat is Pretzel M&Ms because they are both salty AND sweet! 

5. Name one thing you miss about being a kid.

Climbing trees.  I was a really good tree climber. 

6. Are you a morning or night person?

Once I'm out of bed and awake I'm a morning person.  I like to be productive in the wee hours.  However, getting out of bed in the first place is a whole other story.  So if it's based on those first moments, I'm a night person.  Definitely a night person. 

7. List 5 items on your current to-do list:

- Update my budget (this one keeps getting pushed back... argh!)
- Get my registration and license updated to Oregon (not ready for this expense just yet)
- Pack for this weekend's trip to Boise
- Take clothes and shoes to Goodwill
- Returns to Target  

8. Share one thing that people may not know about you.

When I was a kid I refused to wear dresses and be girly.  Now I look forward to the opportunity to dress up and have my nails done.  I still wouldn't consider myself super girly, but I've come leaps and bounds since childhood.

9. What is your all time favorite song, movie, and book?

Seriously?!  Just one?!  Ok, I'll try...

Song: Your Song by Elton John
Movie: Bridget Jones' Diary
Book:  Peter Pan

10. Do you have any hidden talents?

I'm really good with a yo-yo and pretty decent with a Frisbee.

11. Are you a really clean or super messy person?

I'm a clean person for the most part, but it comes in spurts.  My apartment and car have to get really disorganized and messy over time and then I'll spend an entire day cleaning and organizing and keep it that way for a week or so.  
Wait, does that make me messy?

Now it's YOUR turn!


Here's 11 questions for you to answer....
  1. What is your middle name?  Is it random, or a family name?
  2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
  3. If you had to eat the same 3 meals everyday for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
  4. What has been your proudest accomplishment?
  5. What are you most looking forward to in the year 2013?
  6. If you won the lottery, who is the first person you would call or text?
  7. What is your favorite color, and do you have many items that you own in that color?
  8. What is you favorite social media site?
  9. If you had the opportunity to speak with your favorite celebrity, what would you tell them?
  10. What is your favorite book/movie/song of all time?
  11. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would you choose?
If you choose to play along, please leave your link in the comments below!  I'd love to learn more about you!!

10 comments:

  1. Pretzel M&M's?! Those are a thing?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and they are HIGHLY addictive! Fair warning ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous of your yo-yo skills. Just the other day, a friend and I were lamenting our terrible yo-yo abilities and how annoying it is to even try when you know you're just gonna have to wind the thing up by hand again...ugh. Maybe someday. :) Love the 11 questions you asked-- I answered them on my blog! (Will post tomorrow morning) http://mattyerika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along! I'll be visiting your blog shortly to read your answers! It took me a long time to acquire my yo-yo skills, and I love teaching others!

      Delete
  3. I'm playing along, too. Here's my list to the same questions you answered: http://speechnotrecognised.blogspot.com/2013/02/11-things-meme.html

    Now, my answers for you:
    1. Mae. It's a family name. Each first born daughter receives it. So, I will pass it down to my first born girl.
    2. Christmas morning!
    3. Chocolate Croissants for breakfast, Applebee's Chicken Fajita Roll-Up, and for dinner Steak and Potato with a side salad.
    4. B.A. Elementary Education
    5. The welcome home to Australia I will get in April from my husband after my American holiday.
    6. My husband.
    7. Pink...um, what don't I own in that color...
    8. Facebook. It's my connection to friends and family in the States while I am in the Southern Hemisphere.
    9. Rachel Ray is a favorite celebrity chef of mine, I would say, "Come on over and make dinner, please!"
    10. book - Psalms
    movie - It's A Wonderful Life
    song - Jesus Loves Me
    11. The Vice President of Hersheys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along! My middle name is also a family name that is passed on to the first born daughter. Too funny!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm super excited to visit friends and family!

      Delete