2.11.2013

Me | The Paper Mama's Self Portrait Challenge

The Paper Mama is having a self portrait contest where a participant will win an Instax mini 8 camera!  I love challenges and thought I'd play along!  This contest isn't based on photo quality, it's completely random, so I decided to post a picture of me from Saturday night that I snapped after getting ready for an all-girls Valentines party (recap post to come!).

So here I am, plus 10 random facts about me...

Photobucket

  1. I am 30 years old, but most days I feel 16.
  2. I don't have any kids, but I've nannied, babysat and worked with youth organizations since I was 12... so in my heart I've had many children and love them all as my own.
  3. My niece is the number 1 person on this planet that I would do anything for.  There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about and pray for her.  I can't wait to see her turn this world on its edge as she accomplishes many a great thing.
  4. I have completed a full marathon, a few halves, a century bike ride, hiked the Grand Canyon and want to train for a triathlon next.
  5. I had no idea how easy it was to love until I let my guard down.  It is the scariest thing in the world, and completely worth it.
  6. I could go the rest of my life without ever having another beer, cocktail or glass of wine, but take away my coffee and I just might kill you.
  7. Although not the most attractive ensemble in the world, I could wear yoga pants and a hoodie every day.  Most comfortable outfit ever.
  8. I was born in Southern Washington and raised on a chicken farm until the age of 12.  My family then moved to Idaho where we owned a dairy heifer ranch.  My family still lives in Idaho, but I moved back to Portland this past summer.  I miss them very much, but for many reasons, it was the best leap of faith I have ever taken.
  9. Having been raised a farm kid, I know the meaning of hard work, and do not take it for granted.
  10. I am a photographer and am blessed to see light and shadow and love everywhere.

Want to play along?  Head on over to the Paper Mama and link up!

13 comments:

  1. Found you via Paper Mama-- LOVE your nail polish in the picture!! I think I drooled a little bit, actually. Oops. And I will join you in wearing yoga pants every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika, thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the interwebs! Welcome! I have gotten so many compliments on my nail polish, and wouldn't you know it, I have NO IDEA what the name is! I randomly picked it out at the salon and fell in love. I'll have to make note next time I get them done!

      Hope you're having a fantastic day!

      Delete
  2. Lovely, lovely lady! Please, please don't take away my alcohol OR coffee. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes, if I were to have my preference, I wouldn't have to give up either!

      Delete
  3. What a fun challenge. I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kira! I hope I win too! I've wanted an Instax for some time now!

      Delete
  4. I am with Jenni. We will haz all the booze. And share all the coffees with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "30 Going on 16"...

    You need that as a shirt. Or a yoga hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. i'm sooo impressed with #4. so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the dreamy effect on your picture! looks lovely and I love your hair cut!

    ReplyDelete