11.06.2008

A Little Sad, but Hopeful...

So I was really hoping that my next post would be telling everyone that I am an aunt to a very cute and very sweet newborn girl, but alas, she was not born on her due date. I spoke with Jed last night, and he said that Danielle has not had any contractions yet, and the doctors think it may be a couple more weeks before Joie is ready to grace us with her presence. (I think she's a little like her aunt and likes to be fashionably late in order to draw attention to herself) Danielle doesn't want to have any drugs for the birth, so she does not want to be induced. We're all praying that a drug-free birth is possible for her, I know its really important to her.

Fingers crossed that Joie Lynn graces us with her presence soon!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! But can you clarify something for me? Is it pronounced "Joey" or "Joy" or something else entirely? :)
    I resolved to use drugs (aka epidural) only after I had really experienced what it was all about. And I did it! But there was no way I was going to push Eric out with NO drugs and have everyone else in the room survive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah the doctor told her that most girls who want to go drug-free end up changing their mind once they find out what its really like. Her name is pronounced like "Joey", and I'm so excited to meet her!

    ReplyDelete