5.31.2009

Bicycle Love

I have been meaning to write this post for some time! I got a bicycle about a month ago, and I LOVE it! I got it at The Boise Bicycle Project and it is awesome! I wanted to get a cruiser style that also had gear options and couldn't find anything for less than $350. There was no way that I was going to pay that much, so when I found out about BBP I was super excited! They refurbish donated bicycles and then sell them to the public at a donations price and use the proceeds to give bicycles to low income families and children. It is ran completely by volunteers and is an awesome place! BBP has given bicycles to the kids at the Boys and Girls Club for a few years at Christmas time. I love making a purchase that I know is going to help others, and is used for a good cause. A definite win-win! So I got this great (like new!) bicycle for only $50!!
Joe's Sporting Goods went out of business and had some great sales, so I scored myself this re-movable bicycle basket. I love it! I can take it off to go into the grocery store or browse the Farmer's Market and collect my goodies. It's so handy!
Out for a ride supporting another great cause.
Sunny days and lovely rides in downtown Boise :)
I love living in the North End! Look how beautiful it is. This is the view up the street from right outside my door.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What a great bike story! Totally a win-win! I'm so jealous! Your street is so cute! And I LOVE the bike basket! That is so great! I love that you can use it as a shopping basket and then boom, back to the bike. Good find!

    ReplyDelete