4.07.2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 25

Day 25 - A picture of your day

I went for a ride with some team members after work yesterday.  It was fairly uneventful (especially in comparison to this ride!) just 10 miles in the rain and a little wind.  When I got back to my apartment I checked my handy little odometer and realized that although I've gone on a handful of pretty lengthy training rides, I just now hit 100 miles. 
100 miles.  The distance of my ride in June will be 100 miles in one day.

In
One
Day!

I got to thinking about just how far 100 miles is.  Pardon my language, but that's a long damn distance!
Here are some comparisons:
  • If I were to get on my bike in Boise and ride to Wendell, that's 100 miles.
  • If I were to get on my bike in Boise and ride to Ontario, OR  AND BACK that's 100 miles.
  • If I were to get on my bike in Boise and ride to McCall, that's 100 miles.
  • If I were to get on my bike in Seattle and ride to Olympia AND BACK that's 100 miles.
  • If I were to get on my bike in Portland and ride to Olympia that's 100 miles
  • If I were to ride around Lake Tahoe that would be 100 miles.... oh wait, I'm going to be doing that in June!

Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment