4.08.2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 26

Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you


When I first decided I was going to complete a marathon with Team in Training I highly doubted myself.  I doubted my abilities, doubted my stamina and doubted my self-discipline.  Miraculously no one else seemed to.  Two people showed me the most faith though, and stood behind me the entire endeavor.  They were my best friend, Richard, and my sis-in-law, Danielle.  This picture reminds me of both of their encouragement and support. 
Richard was going to travel with me to the marathon from day 1.  He was going to be at my side during the weekend, and at the finish line when I crossed.  Danielle strapped on her running shoes and was on the trail with me every week running and walking at my pace and pushing me to get better and better.  They both stepped up in big ways.
When it came time to head to the race, Richard had a big conflict in scheduling and was going to be unable to travel with me.  I understood, of course, but was bummed that my support team was going to miss it.  Without missing a beat Richard told me that he was paying for Danielle to go with me and be there to see me cross the finish line.  Danielle was on the course to cheer me on, and Richard was on the phone with me at mile 16 to talk me through my mental block.
I could not have asked for a better team to be at my side while I conquered the biggest challenge I have ever given myself.
Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment