6.10.2012

5 Best Decisions I've Made in My Adult Life

Inspired by this post by Holly, and this one by Chookooloonks, I decided to write about the 5 best decisions I've made since graduating highschool.

Depending on the day/week/month/hormone in which I write this post, these 5 things may vary, but I think overall this post is pretty universally true for me.


1 | Move to Boise

Boise is where I learned how independent I can be, how much I can rely upon my parents, and the value of true friendships.  Boise will always have a special place in my heart.



2 | Buying my Camera

I hemmed and hawed about spending the hundreds of dollars for my camera and lenses, and felt irresponsible by doing so, but oh how wrong I was.  Purchasing my camera was the best thing I could have done.  With it I have discovered so much, and without it, none of this would be possible.

Image by Joncee May


3 | Quit Full Time work and Finish my Degree

I often find myself joking about graduating with two BA degrees and not using either of them, but in reality, I use both everyday.  I learned a lot about myself and the world during my education, and I wouldn't give any of it back for the world.  (Although, I'll never feel good about the debt I have, that's just impossible)



4 | Sign up with TEAM

Self confidence, a renewed relationship with my brother and sister-in-law, best friends, a Tiffany's necklace.... just a few of the benefits from joining this incredible TEAM.



5 | Moved to Portland

I've only been here 5 weeks, and already the growth and self-realizations have been overwhelming.  I'm in love with this city, the people, the green and the opportunities.  Much more about this transformation and exploration to come - it is the name of this blog after all...



Your turn!  What are the 5 best decisions you've ever made?  Please leave a note in the comments, or a link to your own blog post about it!  I look forward to gushing over your accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment