6.24.2012

"Awake My Soul" | Mumford and Sons

While sitting in Starbucks last week, enjoying a tall Americano (black, with just one pump of caramel syrup... perfection) my ears perked up when I heard an interesting folksy <-- what, it's a word, song playing over the sound system.  I couldn't quite make out the song, but distinctly heard a banjo and accordion and I had to know what song it was!  I quickly grabbed my iPhone and opened the Shazam app to find out who was playing this magnificent tune. 

*side note, if you don't have this app, drop everything you are doing and go download it, right this second.  you will not be sorry.

It was a song by a group named Mumford and Sons, and the song was titled "Awake My Soul."  After playing it on repeat a few, one hundred, a thousand times, I finally purchased the album through iTunes and have been listening to it nonstop since. 

It. Is. SO GOOD!

Here's a recording of the guys singing "Awake My Soul" in someone's living room before one of their shows.  Watch it. Love it. Share it.



I love these lyrics!  My favorite lines are:

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all
But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall
Lend me your eyes I can change what you see
But your soul you must keep, totally free

In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love, you invest your life

Bad. Ass.


What songs have you been listening to on repeat these days?  I'd love to hear some suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's very clean. I'm surprised that there's no header image... given what you do ;). I like the all-white though :)
    I can't say that Awake My Soul really spoke to me but I like the sound of it, kinda Irish/Folksy.
    I've been listening to mostly digital books lately and not much music, I go through phases :)

    ReplyDelete