8.06.2013

And Life Just Keeps On Keepin' On...

Yesterday was a good day.  I woke up feeling confident, energetic and ready to take on the world.  Don't you just love days like that?!  I know I do!

The Kid woke up ready to be outdoors and active, and since that isn't always the case, I chose to take advantage of the situation and pushed him out the door.  We started out bouldering at a gym in John's Landing called The Circuit.  It's a great option for all ages and levels!

 photo 6a913d7cfe0311e285fc22000a1f96be_7_zpsf189fb4f.jpg
 photo 026c1104fe0d11e2a12d22000a1fa52e_7_zps2e2c7b46.jpg


Having a fear of heights, The Kid is much bolder than I am when it comes to climbing, but it was fun to spot for him and cheer on his accomplishments!

Next we headed to Club Sport for some basketball and swimming.  The summer here in the Pac NW has been hot and beautiful and I've loved taking advantage of the pool when I get the chance!

On Sunday, one of my trusted advisor/friends recommended a book to me.  I have been struggling with a condition commonly referred to as "people pleasing" and he suggested the book "Don't be nice, be real," with love.  I sat drying in the sunshine while The Kid splashed around and immediately fell in love with the text.


 photo 7cc9e3fcfe1e11e2b0f022000a9f1369_7_zps25385d6c.jpg



I'm nearly half-way through this handbook now, and so excited to share a few of my "ah-ha" moments soon!  If you, or someone you know, struggles with putting themselves first - go get this book.

I ended the day with creativity time at Jenni's house.  Her son is turning 2 this weekend, and she has some GREAT plans for his birthday.  We started constructing things for the hullabaloo and I'm excited to share photos from the festivities soon!

Creative time calls for dark chocolate and wine!
(what, doesn't everybody use a mason jar for their wine?!)

 photo 24968cecfe4311e29a3e22000a1f90ce_7_zps950793ce.jpg


4 comments:

  1. The bouldering looks like a ton of fun! I'm jealous that you will be able to be in a pool next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO MUCH fun! Such a neat place! I'm headed back to SoCal again in a few weeks and will have LOTS of pool time again. So necessary! ;)

      Delete
  2. Must be fun to hang with the Kid during the summer days!! Sounds like a cool adventure!

    That book sounds awesome--I found long ago that just because people are "nice" doesn't mean they're the awesomest people or who I want to be around, necessarily... there's a lot more to being a good person than superficial niceness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty awesome to be paid to adventure!

      The book is dead-on. Being real and honest is so much better than fake nice. So many people hold resentments because they're not honest about their needs or wants and are just nice to compensate someone else. I'm realizing just how often I do it myself! I'm the only one who can stand up for my needs and wants, so I have to!

      Delete