8.01.2013

Some Good News

First of all, can I get a standing-slow-clap for August 1st?!  July was such an incredibly difficult month for me... busy with projects, things at work turning weird, and of course, the king of emotional experiences - the breakup.  So huzzah to a new month, new beginnings, and new experiences!

And let me now segue into some exciting news...

I'm down 10 lbs!

I'm happy to report that through the transition period that is post-relationship I've decided to get serious about my health.  It's something I've been wanting to focus on for some time (and there have been some changes, albeit slow changes) so I figured it's a good thing to throw myself into for some distraction.

To answer the question that I know is on everyone's lips - yes, I am eating.  I do not have an appetite, but I am eating.  I figured I'd take advantage of my lack of sugar-and-shit-foods-cravings and eat healthy.  And gosh darn it if it doesn't work!

I've also been running and lifting weights...

 photo 7593b014fa0811e29da122000a9e28e0_7_zps71036b6a.jpg
 photo 75e030c4fa1c11e2b66c22000ae80d1c_7_zpsaace7160.jpg


In other exciting news, it's raining today...

 photo a682c9eafac511e287df22000ae803ad_7_zpscc3371c0.jpg


I'm not quite ready for the sun to be gone, but it is nice to have a little moisture back for the day.

What are you up to today?  Are you happy it's a new month?

3 comments:

  1. I should not have had food in my mouth while reading this because that first sentence made me laugh. I have mixed feelings about it being August 1- I have a lot of great things lined up this month, but it is also one month closer to Fall, and I just want to bask in all the warm sunshine.

    But 10 lbs! Go you! Slow changes are the best and the longest-lasting, and I'm speaking from experience (I used to be 60 lbs heavier). Cheers to progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOO wooooo on the 10 lbs, congratulations! I don't like running, so I use Zumba and crazy dancing with other ladies both as exercise and a time to get positive energy as the whole room wiggles their booty and chest with attitude. But, I do love weight-lifting too, it makes me feel badass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's August already, OMG. I need more summer still. Congrats on the 10 pounds, that's awesome! Yay lifting weights! We've been doing CrossFit since June and I love the muscle definition I'm getting. I haven't done any cardio at all but am seeing way more body composition changes than when I used to run etc! Here's a great post on that concept! http://everydaypaleo.com/friends-dont-let-friends-do-cardio/ Congrats again and here's to a much better month and more summer!!

    ReplyDelete