5.06.2013

Some Weekends are Just Perfect | Weekend in Review

Ever have one of those weekends?  You know, one of those perfect weekends where the sun is shining, everyone's happy and you spend time doing things you love with your favorite people.  This past weekend was just that.  One of those weekends so perfect that it fuels you for the work week ahead.

Here's how it went down:

Friday began with a cute outfit.  I wanted to wear my new striped dress from Old Navy, but wasn't quite up to rocking the tank top look just yet, but wearing a sweater over it just didn't feel right.  So I threw on a black tee over the top and my red Toms.  The dress became a skirt and the look worked for 'nanny casual.'  Success!

 photo baf17dd8b42311e2816522000a9e48f9_7_zpsad03b510.jpg


Friday evening I enjoyed a wonderful meal with a good friend of mine.  Heather was my first girl friend when I moved to Portland last year and she has become very dear to me.  We don't see each other as often as I would like (she lives in Camas) but when we do manage to get together (every other week or so) it's like no time has passed.  She's a soul sister for sure. 

ps- if you haven't been to Le Happy yet, make plans to go soon, you won't regret it.


 photo c20a8bdcb46411e29cae22000a9f1378_7_zps201d02a1.jpg


Saturday was a day spent outdoors in the sunshine!  The weather in Portland right now is unusually warm (80+ degrees!!) and I'm loving it!  I'm not a fan of heat, but knowing that it's only going to be around for a short time lets me enjoy it's visit.  The sunshine is getting me very excited for the summer months and I'm looking forward to lots of days spent outdoors.

My sunny Saturday was spent watching Lil' Man play soccer...

 photo aaf9a296afb611e2af7822000a1fb04e_7_zps8bc3a590.jpg

And playing catch with The Guy and Lil' Man.  Check out the glove I found at the Goodwill for just $7.99!


 photo IMG_7255_zps2a11ab24.jpeg

I signed up for a summer softball league, and I'm soooooo excited to start playing again!  I've missed the game so much.  I'm considering coaching next year too.  Coaching is something I've wanted to do for some time now, and I think next spring might be just the right time.  We'll see!

Sunday was GLORIOUS!  It was a beautiful sunny day and just right for a long bike ride.  Bee purchased a bike last week, and I was excited to take her on her first ride.  She did great!  It can be very stressful to ride with traffic, but luckily Portland drivers are nice to bicyclists (for the most part.)

We headed out from her place and rode to Starky's in SE PDX to take advantage of their bottomless mimosas.  It was so fun to sit on the patio in the sunshine and talk about life, blogging, Portland, and everything in-between.

 photo IMG_8487-1_zps41717aad.jpg
 photo IMG_8485_zps9158f804.jpg


After a couple hours, many mimosas and a shared basket of tots (gotta soak up some of that champagne!) we headed back to her home.  It was hot by then, so we hit it hard to get home fast.  We rode about 13 miles total, not bad for Bee's first Portland Biking Adventure!

After decompressing for a little bit (and re hydrating!) we headed to the Portland Nursery.  Bee needed to exchange a few plants she had purchased the day before and I was looking to purchase a few herbs myself.  I ended up bringing home a beautiful Rosemary plant along with a Lime Thyme plant.  I've lovingly named them Fred and Ethel.  They both smell soooo delicious and I can't wait to cook many a meal seasoned with them.

 photo IMG_8492_zpsbd8cf819.jpg

All-in-all it was a glorious weekend that I just did not want to end.  How was your weekend?  Did you partake in any outdoor activities?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing weekend :) Love the TOMS - I rocked mine all weekend and definitely have the tan lines (WHAT?!) to show for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree, this weekend in portland just coulnd't be topped! it's crazy how much i fall back in love with the city once the weather turns nice. also, i totally think you should coach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you got to take full advantage of the glorious weather! I need to get back into biking, I haven't been doing any since last summer....maybe because I am aching for a new bike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way about my weekend. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete