3.29.2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 16

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you


In an interview with Byron for Meridian magazine back in October about his journey with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Byron told me:

"Before being diagnosed, I was on a dead end road.  I had just finalized my second divorce, things weren't good at home and I was living by myself so I ate nothing but fast food, something I had been doing for years and years.  I would grab a combo meal and a case of beer after work, go home and just sit there and eat and drink my beer until I'd pass out, then I'd get up, go to work and do the same thing the next night...

My doctors, when I was diagnosed in 2004, told me that I'd better get into shape.  I was pushing 290 pounds and I'm only five feet, eight inches tall.  The morning after I was diagnosed, I went on a mission to get in the best shape I possibly could so that I could beat this."

Byron is the most inspiring person I have met.  He is filled with life and love and truly cherishes every day as an individual gift.  I am blessed to call him a teammate and friend.
Love you B!

No comments:

Post a Comment