3.16.2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 3

Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show

I didn't discover "Gilmore Girls" until it was well into it's 5th season on TV.  Living in two different cities, my mom and I discovered the lunchtime reruns at the same time, but didn't talk about it until after watching a few seasons.  I don't remember exactly how it came up, but I do remember us both talking about a tough situation in comparison to an episode where Lorelei (mother) and Rory (daughter) were dealing with a similar problem.  It became a way for my mom and I to put our issues in perspective and subsequently become closer.   We both own the entire series on DVD because we unknowingly gave it to each other for Christmas a few years back.  We are Lorelei and Rory... friends first, mother and daughter second.
Whenever I feel the need for a laugh, a cry or to go "home," I can pull out a particular episode and lose myself in this silly little town full of its quirks and crazy characters.

2 comments:

  1. That was one of our family favs too! We purchased seasons at a time while living in China! We have a lot in common girl!

    ReplyDelete