3.20.2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 7

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item



I don't put much stock in "items."  They are just things.  Something for the ego to identify itself with.  I've been thinking about this more and more lately with the devastation in Japan.  What if all my possessions were to disappear in the blink of an eye?  Would my self-worth or value be diminished?  Would I be less of a person, or in need because of the loss?  No.  Don't get me wrong.  I feel for the people who have lost.  I wish them nothing but recovery, hope and strength.  But the things that they lost.  They are just things.  The loved ones that they've lost; however, that it a different story.  For that I grieve.  I mourn with them.  Love is a powerful thing, and it is felt deeply within when it is torn from us.  Love is my most "treasured item."

No comments:

Post a Comment